Urban Republic Pty Ltd
What is Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information
Urban Republic Pty Ltd may collect and hold Personal Information that includes but are not limited to names, contact details, employment history, educational qualifications, government related identifiers (e.g. tax file numbers, drivers licence and passport information), age, gender, date of birth and any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
We may also collect sensitive information such as individual’s racial or ethnic origin, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information, which may be collected and used for the purposes of prospective employment.
Furthermore, we may also collect and store any Personal Information disclosed by customers and stakeholders when establishing an account with Urban Republic Pty Ltd or invoicing Urban Republic Pty Ltd for product and services, and any Personal Information disclosed to us when communicating with our Accounts department.
When using or providing Personal Information to us via the website or service or otherwise, we may also collect and hold details which include but are not limited to:
- content that you have viewed;
- IP address from which you access the website or use the service;
- any other non-personally identifiable information, such as browser types, version and language, operating system, pages viewed, page access time and date, traffic to-and-from the website, referring website address; and
- other transactional information about your access to the website or the use of the service.
How Personal Information is Collected and Held
Personal Information is usually collected directly from the relevant individual. Personal Information can be collected when you provide the information to us through the following scenarios which includes:
- submitting an application or interest relating to employment or work experience;
- making an enquiry or contacting us through our website, email, fax, phone, in person, social media platform, or other communication channels;
- using our website, service or social media platforms;
- completing an account application with us; and
- subscribing to a newsletter, filling out a form or survey, entering or participating in any competitions or promotions.
Collection from Third Parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with Personal Information from third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Purpose of Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing Personal Information Urban Republic Pty Ltd may collect, use, hold and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes (Primary Purpose), namely:
- for the conduct of our business and any other functions or activities related to our company and business;
- to supply or provide our product, services and relevant information to customers and other stakeholders;
- to improve our website and service;
- to verify an individual’s identity for any financial transaction purposes;
- for current and future employment opportunities;
- for any other reason as advised to you and where consent has been provided by you or an authorised person; and
- as otherwise permitted by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances where it would be reasonable for the uses as described in the Primary Purpose. We may also disclose Personal Information for other purposes (Secondary Purpose) provided that the Secondary Purpose is directly related to the Primary Purpose. In addition, we may disclose Personal Information for the following purposes including:
- to respond to requests of relevant government or law enforcement agencies;
- to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat; and
- where required by an applicable Australian law or court / tribunal orders.
We do not and will never sell Personal Information to any third parties nor will we transfer your personal information to any third parties for their own direct marketing use.
In visiting our website or using our service, we may also utilise “cookies” to enable us to monitor your patterns and trends to serve you more efficiently. A cookie does not identify you personally, but it does identify your computer. You can set your internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years before it may be destroyed.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Personal Information we hold about you can be accessed, amended, or requested to be removed from our files by contacting us at [email protected] or by mail to 81 Metrolink Circuit, Campbellfield VIC 3061. A member of Urban Republic Pty Ltd will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving the initial request.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information. We may charge a reasonable fee in searching for and providing access to your Personal Information if your request requires substantial effort on our part. We may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your Personal Information in the following circumstances, including where:
- giving access would be unlawful or have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, and the information would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct your Personal Information, we will provide you with an explanation in writing.
Maintaining the Quality of Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as possible so we can update our records.